A Research Thrust is the fundamental knowledge or research focus that drives students’ research work
“NSUK SPGS pursues research thrust that is original, solution-driven, community-relevant, timely, and trendsetting. Our research thrust is based on 10-Point drivers:
- Research Solution-focused.
- Research clusters and thematic areas
- Research expertise and collaboration.
- Research publication and Grantmanship.
- Research relevance to society.
- Research ethical conduct.
- Research originality.
- Research innovation and Intellectual Protection
- Research independence
- Research visibility through Open Access Resources.
Postgraduate Governance Instruments
The following documents contain vital information for postgraduate students:
- The Nasarawa State Law No. 2 of 2001 (Nasarawa State University, Keffi Statue).
This is the principal regulatory framework that establishes the University and the School of Postgraduate Studies.
- Regulations Governing Award of Higher Degrees and Diplomas (2018)
The Regulation provides for the governance and operations of the School, prescribing the functions of the Senate, SPGS Board, Faculty and the Departmental Postgraduate Committees.
- Guidelines on Postgraduate Research Reports
The guideline provides for the structure and contents of research outputs: Thesis, dissertation, research projects, and seminar papers.
- Anti-Plagiarism Policy
The policy prescribes the procedure for ensuring quality assurance and originality of research reports before award of relevant higher degrees.
- Postgraduate Guidelines on Supervision and Monitoring of Students’ Research.
The guideline provides for the roles and responsibilities of the Faculty, Department, Supervisors, and Supervisees in research supervision and monitoring.
- Supervision/Progress Logbook
The logbook is designed for documenting supervisor-supervisee contacts and progress in academic engagement during the duration of postgraduate studies.
- Dissertation and Thesis Titles’ Catalogue (2007-2016)
The Catalogue accounts for all research report titles for a given period. It is a research title repository for all postgraduate research projects, theses and dissertations.
- Students’ Brochure
The Brochure is an information handbook for students and a guide to postgraduate activities.